Firstrade Press Coverage
Find out everything that is going on at Firstrade through our Press Center:
- September 19, 2017 - Firstrade Reduces Trade Commissions to $2.95 and options to $0.50
- February 15, 2017 - Firstrade lowers its Stocks, ETFs, and Options Trade Commissions
- October 13, 2015 - Firstrade A Sponsor of the October 18th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Central Park
- March 31, 2015 - Stockbrokers.com Gives Firstrade Four-and-a-Half Stars for Ease of Use
- March 06, 2015 - Firstrade Enables On-The-Go Trading and Research with New Mobile App
- August 15, 2014 - Firstrade Securities Inc. Celebrates Branch Grand Opening in Queens, NY
- October 02, 2013 - Online Broker Firstrade Introducing New Research & Tools
- February 28, 2013 - Firstrade phases out its old site in favor of a new, upgraded platform
- May 31, 2012 - Apex Clearing Corporation becomes Firstrade's new clearing firm
- December 14, 2011- Firstrade Launches Upgraded Option Chain for Advanced Strategies
- August 9, 2011 - Experts @Firstrade Suggest Caution and Common Sense When Reviewing Investing Information on Social Media Sites
- June 20, 2011 - More Than Just College Tuition: Save for Education With a Coverdell ESA
- February 7, 2011 - Firstrade's No-Fee IRAs Empower Self-Directed Investors
- December 20, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New iPhone App for iOS Devices.
- October 21, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New Online Trading Platform With iPhone App and Social Media Integration.
- June 12, 2010 - The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event.
- December 7, 2009 - Firstrade Survey: Most Frequent Online Forum Participants are Male, Under 40 and 22% are International.
- February 5, 2009 - GainsKeeper Helps Firstrade Meet Customers' Tax-Lot Accounting Needs and Prepare for Cost Basis Reporting Law
- November 26, 2008 - Firstrade Offers Free iPods to Post Thanksgiving Account Openers
- August 13, 2008 - Firstrade Introduces Distinctive Wire Transfer Fee Rebate
Sep 19, 2017, New York – Firstrade announced today that the company will reduce its standard online equity and ETF trade commissions from $4.95 to $2.95. It’s a reduction of approximately 40%. The company also lowered the price of options trades from $0.65 to $0.50 per contract, a reduction of over 23%.
The new price structure will make Firstrade the lowest fee provider among all the major online trading firms.
Talking about why Firstrade has decided to make such a move, Chief Executive Officer John Liu says, “Fees should never be a concern when people make investment decisions. That’s why we work hard to provide our customers with outstanding service at an affordable price. To achieve this goal, we’ve leveraged technology to help streamline and automate our internal processes in order to lower our operational costs. We are happy to pass on this savings to our clients and offer them more value for less.”
The new commission pricing will take effect on September 19, 2017. Firstrade continues to offer no fee IRAs, low margin rates and no minimum deposit or inactivity fees. Firstrade has launched other commission reduction campaigns, like offering 12 commission-free ETFs. The firm also offers extended hours trading from 8:00am ET to 8:00pm ET.
Firstrade has earned a 4.5 star rating from Stockbrokers.com for “Ease of Use” and has been selected as one of the top 10 online stock brokers by Kiplinger.
“Our mission is to empower people by helping them invest smarter, and this has been our guiding principle since day one of Firstrade.” continued Mr. Liu, “People are investing for their future, and their brokerage should help them reduce their investment cost. I’m glad that with our new low fee, Firstrade is further able to deliver value to our customers.”
About Firstrade Securities
Firstrade is a leading online brokerage offering a full line of investment products and tools to help self-directed investors take control of their financial future. Since its founding in 1985, Firstrade has worked to provide high value and quality services to our customers. Combining proprietary trading technology, a highly intuitive user interface, outstanding customer service and mobility applications, Firstrade is a comprehensive solution for all of your investing needs. Whether you are a new investor or active trader, at Firstrade, we are committed to excellence, and putting the investor first. For more information, visit www.firstrade.com. Member FINRA/SIPC.
Media Contact: Louise Chen
Tel: (718)269-1400 ext.7758
It's never too early to think about college, especially with skyrocketing tuitions and fees. Help manage your costs by opening a Coverdell Education Savings account now.
Want to speak with someone regarding basic questions in real-time? Try our interactive live chat service. One of our representatives can provide assistance with your inquiries. Go