Firstrade Press Coverage
Find out everything that is going on at Firstrade through our Press Center:
- February 15, 2017 - Firstrade lowers its Stocks, ETFs, and Options Trade Commissions
- October 13, 2015 - Firstrade A Sponsor of the October 18th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Central Park
- March 31, 2015 - Stockbrokers.com Gives Firstrade Four-and-a-Half Stars for Ease of Use
- March 06, 2015 - Firstrade Enables On-The-Go Trading and Research with New Mobile App
- August 15, 2014 - Firstrade Securities Inc. Celebrates Branch Grand Opening in Queens, NY
- October 02, 2013 - Online Broker Firstrade Introducing New Research & Tools
- February 28, 2013 - Firstrade phases out its old site in favor of a new, upgraded platform
- May 31, 2012 - Apex Clearing Corporation becomes Firstrade's new clearing firm
- December 14, 2011- Firstrade Launches Upgraded Option Chain for Advanced Strategies
- August 9, 2011 - Experts @Firstrade Suggest Caution and Common Sense When Reviewing Investing Information on Social Media Sites
- June 20, 2011 - More Than Just College Tuition: Save for Education With a Coverdell ESA
- February 7, 2011 - Firstrade's No-Fee IRAs Empower Self-Directed Investors
- December 20, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New iPhone App for iOS Devices.
- October 21, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New Online Trading Platform With iPhone App and Social Media Integration.
- June 12, 2010 - The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event.
- December 7, 2009 - Firstrade Survey: Most Frequent Online Forum Participants are Male, Under 40 and 22% are International.
- February 5, 2009 - GainsKeeper Helps Firstrade Meet Customers' Tax-Lot Accounting Needs and Prepare for Cost Basis Reporting Law
- November 26, 2008 - Firstrade Offers Free iPods to Post Thanksgiving Account Openers
- August 13, 2008 - Firstrade Introduces Distinctive Wire Transfer Fee Rebate
WALTHAM, Mass., Feb 05, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Wolters Kluwer Financial Services announced today that its GainsKeeper(R) tax-lot accounting technology has been integrated with Firstrade Securities, Inc.'s online trading platform, offering Firstrade customers valuable new functionality in time for tax season and helping Firstrade prepare for requirements of the recently enacted cost basis reporting law.
GainsKeeper technology assists Firstrade customers with portfolio tracking, adjusting cost basis and gain/loss reports for wash sales and corporate actions, while its tax trading tools help investors manage their portfolios in the most tax-efficient manner and identify the tax impact on their investment returns. Firstrade customers are also able to easily generate a complete and accurate Schedule D for tax filing using GainsKeeper.
"By offering GainsKeeper to our customers, we are able to help them simplify the complicated tax calculations they typically face this time of year and gain access to tools that can help them make tax-smart trading decisions year-round," said Peter Gschweng, Vice President at Firstrade.
"Firstrade has built a reputation on its commitment to offer quality investment services to its customers and we are very excited that GainsKeeper has been chosen as one of those offerings," said Chuck Ross, GainsKeeper's general manager. "Firstrade customers will definitely find that GainsKeeper makes filing tax returns easier and more accurate than ever before. And since GainsKeeper's robust technology automates cost basis calculations and reporting, it will help Firstrade stay ahead of the curve in complying with the cost basis reporting law."
GainsKeeper(R), a part of Wolters Kluwer Financial Services, provides automated tax-based financial tools and services to the investment community. GainsKeeper's solutions enable financial institutions to offer sophisticated tax lot accounting services to their customers, ranging from back-office outsourcing to fully integrated, web-based tools and services utilized by the brokerage, mutual fund, hedge fund and fund administration industries. In addition, GainsKeeper offers products designed specifically for individual investors and accountants to meet their complex tax reporting and portfolio analysis needs. For more information, visit www.gainskeeper.com.
About Wolters Kluwer Financial Services
Wolters Kluwer Financial Services provides best-in-class compliance, content, and technology solutions and services that help financial organizations manage risk and improve efficiency and effectiveness across their enterprise. The organization's prominent brands include Bankers Systems, VMP(R) Mortgage Solutions, PCi, Desert Document Services(R), AppOne(R), GainsKeeper(R), Capital Changes, NILS, AuthenticWeb(TM) and Uniform Forms(TM). Wolters Kluwer Financial Services is part of Wolters Kluwer, a leading global information services and publishing company with annual revenues of (2007) EUR 3.4 billion ($4.8 billion) and approximately 19,500 employees worldwide. Please visit our Web site for more information.
Founded in 1985, Firstrade is a pioneer in online trading and leads the brokerage industry with a combination of low costs and a high level of customer service for the value-driven investment portfolio containing stocks, bonds, mutual funds and options. Firstrade offers stock trades at the highly competitive rate of $6.95 each and is the only online broker that has both Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese Language websites and customer support. For more information on, visit www.firstrade.com.
It's never too early to think about college, especially with skyrocketing tuitions and fees. Help manage your costs by opening a Coverdell Education Savings account now.
Want to speak with someone regarding basic questions in real-time? Try our interactive live chat service. One of our representatives can provide assistance with your inquiries. Go