Firstrade Press Coverage
Find out everything that is going on at Firstrade through our Press Center:
- February 15, 2017 - Firstrade lowers its Stocks, ETFs, and Options Trade Commissions
- October 13, 2015 - Firstrade A Sponsor of the October 18th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Central Park
- March 31, 2015 - Stockbrokers.com Gives Firstrade Four-and-a-Half Stars for Ease of Use
- March 06, 2015 - Firstrade Enables On-The-Go Trading and Research with New Mobile App
- August 15, 2014 - Firstrade Securities Inc. Celebrates Branch Grand Opening in Queens, NY
- October 02, 2013 - Online Broker Firstrade Introducing New Research & Tools
- February 28, 2013 - Firstrade phases out its old site in favor of a new, upgraded platform
- May 31, 2012 - Apex Clearing Corporation becomes Firstrade's new clearing firm
- December 14, 2011- Firstrade Launches Upgraded Option Chain for Advanced Strategies
- August 9, 2011 - Experts @Firstrade Suggest Caution and Common Sense When Reviewing Investing Information on Social Media Sites
- June 20, 2011 - More Than Just College Tuition: Save for Education With a Coverdell ESA
- February 7, 2011 - Firstrade's No-Fee IRAs Empower Self-Directed Investors
- December 20, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New iPhone App for iOS Devices.
- October 21, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New Online Trading Platform With iPhone App and Social Media Integration.
- June 12, 2010 - The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event.
- December 7, 2009 - Firstrade Survey: Most Frequent Online Forum Participants are Male, Under 40 and 22% are International.
- February 5, 2009 - GainsKeeper Helps Firstrade Meet Customers' Tax-Lot Accounting Needs and Prepare for Cost Basis Reporting Law
- November 26, 2008 - Firstrade Offers Free iPods to Post Thanksgiving Account Openers
- August 13, 2008 - Firstrade Introduces Distinctive Wire Transfer Fee Rebate
NEW YORK, NY (02/07/11) - Active investors who trade stocks online could be missing out if they have their retirement savings parked in a traditional brick-and-mortar account, according to experts at Firstrade, www.firstrade.com, a leading online brokerage. Instead, they suggest moving funds online to a self-directed IRA, where investors can better control and manage their nest eggs.
"Throughout our 25-year history, we have been empowering investors to take control of their finances and make smart decisions both now and for the future," said John Liu, President and CEO of Firstrade.
Firstrade offers multiple self-directed retirement plan options including Traditional and Roth IRAs as well as SEP and SIMPLE IRAs, all of which have no set-up fees or annual fees, and have a low per-trade fee of $6.95. In addition, Firstrade will absorb any transfer fees incurred by switching accounts from another broker.
Firstrade's comprehensive trading tools, including broad research functionality and exceptionally fast trade execution, allow investors to quickly discover and act on trading opportunities. All brokerage accounts, including IRAs, can be accessed via Firstrade's next generation online platform or its new iPhone App, launched in December.
"Through Firstrade, clients can access their retirement accounts anytime, anywhere, giving them ultimate control over their investments to achieve their financial goals," said Liu.
Firstrade offers trades at $6.95. Customers can invest in stocks, options, over 11,000 mutual funds, exchange traded funds, bonds, treasuries, agencies and CDs online. There is no minimum deposit to open a Firstrade account and no inactivity or maintenance fees.
It's never too early to think about college, especially with skyrocketing tuitions and fees. Help manage your costs by opening a Coverdell Education Savings account now.
Want to speak with someone regarding basic questions in real-time? Try our interactive live chat service. One of our representatives can provide assistance with your inquiries. Go