Firstrade Press Coverage
Find out everything that is going on at Firstrade through our Press Center:
- February 15, 2017 - Firstrade lowers its Stocks, ETFs, and Options Trade Commissions
- October 13, 2015 - Firstrade A Sponsor of the October 18th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Central Park
- March 31, 2015 - Stockbrokers.com Gives Firstrade Four-and-a-Half Stars for Ease of Use
- March 06, 2015 - Firstrade Enables On-The-Go Trading and Research with New Mobile App
- August 15, 2014 - Firstrade Securities Inc. Celebrates Branch Grand Opening in Queens, NY
- October 02, 2013 - Online Broker Firstrade Introducing New Research & Tools
- February 28, 2013 - Firstrade phases out its old site in favor of a new, upgraded platform
- May 31, 2012 - Apex Clearing Corporation becomes Firstrade's new clearing firm
- December 14, 2011- Firstrade Launches Upgraded Option Chain for Advanced Strategies
- August 9, 2011 - Experts @Firstrade Suggest Caution and Common Sense When Reviewing Investing Information on Social Media Sites
- June 20, 2011 - More Than Just College Tuition: Save for Education With a Coverdell ESA
- February 7, 2011 - Firstrade's No-Fee IRAs Empower Self-Directed Investors
- December 20, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New iPhone App for iOS Devices.
- October 21, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New Online Trading Platform With iPhone App and Social Media Integration.
- June 12, 2010 - The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event.
- December 7, 2009 - Firstrade Survey: Most Frequent Online Forum Participants are Male, Under 40 and 22% are International.
- February 5, 2009 - GainsKeeper Helps Firstrade Meet Customers' Tax-Lot Accounting Needs and Prepare for Cost Basis Reporting Law
- November 26, 2008 - Firstrade Offers Free iPods to Post Thanksgiving Account Openers
- August 13, 2008 - Firstrade Introduces Distinctive Wire Transfer Fee Rebate
New York, NY (June 11, 2010) -- The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event
Every hard-fought battle shows man in his finest hour. Even in the lifelong battle against cancer, there is a time to celebrate life.
Last June 12, The American Cancer Society held its annual Relay For Life event at the Bayside Athletic Field in Flushing, NY, for communities around the world to honor the lives of people who have fought hard against the destructive disease. Since 1985, Relay For Life has become an important yearly tradition wherein participants highlight the central theme - to celebrate the rebirth of the survivors, to remember the lives lost, and to fight back against cancer for a better future.
Firstrade Securities Inc. has likewise maintained its own tradition of being a proud sponsor of the life-changing event for several years. This year, Firstrade was honored to be the major sponsor of Relay for Life. John Liu, CEO of Firstrade Securities, gave the keynote speech wherein he advocated the importance of prevention and treatment of cancer.
Relay for Life is an overnight, 24-hour long event with a festive atmosphere. There were food stands, shows and special tents for the event participants and cancer patients. Teams camped out at a park, local high school or fairground and took turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team was asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. There were special educational tents such as the Health Fair and Survivor Tents that provided health information as well as nutrition and relaxation workshops. Participants took part in competitive activities such as scavenger hunts, relay races and sack races. There were also special stage performances ranging from martial arts demonstrations, traditional dances and inspirational song numbers.
All funds raised are contributed to American Cancer Society.
The Relay holds special inspirational events keeping in line with the theme of "Celebrate, Remember and Fight Back." The Survivors Lap invited survivors to circle the track to celebrate the victories achieved over cancer. After dark, a touching "Luminaria Ceremony" was held to honor people whose lives were changed by cancer. Candles were lit inside bags filled with sand, each one bearing the name of a person touched by cancer. Lastly, the Fight Back Ceremony, called on everyone to make a personal commitment to save lives by taking up the fight against cancer.
Founded in 1985, Firstrade Securities Inc. is one of the leading online trading and investment financial services firms. Firstrade combines proprietary and innovative high speed trading technology, a user-friendly platform, and offers a full line of investment products and services to self-directed investors. Firstrade offers equity trades at only $6.95 per trade and a higher standard of personal service for the value-driven trader and investor.
It's never too early to think about college, especially with skyrocketing tuitions and fees. Help manage your costs by opening a Coverdell Education Savings account now.
Want to speak with someone regarding basic questions in real-time? Try our interactive live chat service. One of our representatives can provide assistance with your inquiries. Go