Firstrade Press Coverage
Find out everything that is going on at Firstrade through our Press Center:
- Apirl 09, 2018 - Firstrade offers largest commission-free ETF program with more than 700 ETFs
- February 26, 2018 - Firstrade receives 4.5 stars from Stockbrokers.com for “Ease of Use" and “Commission and Fees."
- September 19, 2017 - Firstrade Reduces Trade Commissions to $2.95 and options to $0.50
- February 15, 2017 - Firstrade lowers its Stocks, ETFs, and Options Trade Commissions
- October 13, 2015 - Firstrade A Sponsor of the October 18th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Central Park
- March 31, 2015 - Stockbrokers.com Gives Firstrade Four-and-a-Half Stars for Ease of Use
- March 06, 2015 - Firstrade Enables On-The-Go Trading and Research with New Mobile App
- August 15, 2014 - Firstrade Securities Inc. Celebrates Branch Grand Opening in Queens, NY
- October 02, 2013 - Online Broker Firstrade Introducing New Research & Tools
- February 28, 2013 - Firstrade phases out its old site in favor of a new, upgraded platform
- May 31, 2012 - Apex Clearing Corporation becomes Firstrade's new clearing firm
- December 14, 2011- Firstrade Launches Upgraded Option Chain for Advanced Strategies
- August 9, 2011 - Experts @Firstrade Suggest Caution and Common Sense When Reviewing Investing Information on Social Media Sites
- June 20, 2011 - More Than Just College Tuition: Save for Education With a Coverdell ESA
- February 7, 2011 - Firstrade's No-Fee IRAs Empower Self-Directed Investors
- December 20, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New iPhone App for iOS Devices.
- October 21, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New Online Trading Platform With iPhone App and Social Media Integration.
- June 12, 2010 - The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event.
- December 7, 2009 - Firstrade Survey: Most Frequent Online Forum Participants are Male, Under 40 and 22% are International.
- February 5, 2009 - GainsKeeper Helps Firstrade Meet Customers' Tax-Lot Accounting Needs and Prepare for Cost Basis Reporting Law
- November 26, 2008 - Firstrade Offers Free iPods to Post Thanksgiving Account Openers
- August 13, 2008 - Firstrade Introduces Distinctive Wire Transfer Fee Rebate
New York, NY (October 21, 2010) -- Firstrade, a leading online brokerage, has launched a next generation online trading platform with an iPhone app and full social media integration, making it the first online brokerage with both Facebook and Twitter connectivity. Built with an emphasis on speed, Firstrade's new platform features a highly intuitive user interface, cutting-edge advanced trading tools, comprehensive research and exceptionally fast trade execution, allowing investors to quickly discover and act on trading opportunities at a low $6.95 commission.
"For nearly 25 years, we have sought to empower the individual investor," said John Liu, president and CEO of Firstrade. "This next generation platform, built from the ground up with proprietary technology, allows us to continue to deliver our fundamental value to investors -- lower costs, higher standards."
Features of the new Firstrade platform include:
- Intuitive User Interface: Built with the active trader in mind, the Firstrade platform's landing page presents all of a client's important information in a customizable dashboard.
- Order Entry & Management Panel: Investors can research and trade stocks and options from every page of the Firstrade platform through an order entry panel.
- Advanced Trading Tools and Comprehensive Research: The platform offers intuitive tools active traders need to screen investments and make informed decisions. Some of the new features include: Advanced Dynamic Screeners, Stock Alerts by email and SMS, X-Stream streaming quotes and charts, research from S&P reports and the latest information from IPO, splits and earnings calendars.
- Advanced Order Types: Traders can utilize trailing stop and conditional orders online to automatically adjust to market movements.
- Social Media Integration: The platform has fully integrated Facebook and Twitter capabilities allowing investors to share and discuss their trading activities with real friends in their social networks who they know and trust. Investors are able to determine what aspects of the transaction they would like to communicate such as the number of shares, share price and transaction total.
- iPhone App: Investors can access Firstrade securely anywhere in the world and trade stocks and options on-the-go through a highly intuitive iPhone interface. The iPhone app will be available free from the App Store in November.
- Extended Trading Capabilities: Firstrade's new trading platform offers extended trading before and after hours between 8:00am-9:25am and 4:05pm-5:30pm Eastern Time.
"We understand speed is very important to our clients, from the execution, system performance, ease of use and interface design of the Firstrade platform, all the way to customer service efficiency," added Liu. "The new platform is another way in which we will provide investors with greater value. We will use our proprietary technology to continually add innovative features to our trading platform to better serve our clients and help them achieve their investment goals."
Firstrade offers $6.95 per trade including online stocks, options, over 11,000 mutual funds, exchange traded funds, bonds, treasuries, agencies and CDs online. Firstrade also offers retirement accounts, including Traditional and Roth IRAs. There is no minimum deposit to open a Firstrade account and no inactivity or maintenance fees.
It's never too early to think about college, especially with skyrocketing tuitions and fees. Help manage your costs by opening a Coverdell Education Savings account now.
Want to speak with someone regarding basic questions in real-time? Try our interactive live chat service. One of our representatives can provide assistance with your inquiries. Go