Firstrade Press Coverage
Find out everything that is going on at Firstrade through our Press Center:
- Apirl 09, 2018 - Firstrade offers largest commission-free ETF program with more than 700 ETFs
- February 26, 2018 - Firstrade receives 4.5 stars from Stockbrokers.com for “Ease of Use" and “Commission and Fees."
- September 19, 2017 - Firstrade Reduces Trade Commissions to $2.95 and options to $0.50
- February 15, 2017 - Firstrade lowers its Stocks, ETFs, and Options Trade Commissions
- October 13, 2015 - Firstrade A Sponsor of the October 18th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Central Park
- March 31, 2015 - Stockbrokers.com Gives Firstrade Four-and-a-Half Stars for Ease of Use
- March 06, 2015 - Firstrade Enables On-The-Go Trading and Research with New Mobile App
- August 15, 2014 - Firstrade Securities Inc. Celebrates Branch Grand Opening in Queens, NY
- October 02, 2013 - Online Broker Firstrade Introducing New Research & Tools
- February 28, 2013 - Firstrade phases out its old site in favor of a new, upgraded platform
- May 31, 2012 - Apex Clearing Corporation becomes Firstrade's new clearing firm
- December 14, 2011- Firstrade Launches Upgraded Option Chain for Advanced Strategies
- August 9, 2011 - Experts @Firstrade Suggest Caution and Common Sense When Reviewing Investing Information on Social Media Sites
- June 20, 2011 - More Than Just College Tuition: Save for Education With a Coverdell ESA
- February 7, 2011 - Firstrade's No-Fee IRAs Empower Self-Directed Investors
- December 20, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New iPhone App for iOS Devices.
- October 21, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New Online Trading Platform With iPhone App and Social Media Integration.
- June 12, 2010 - The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event.
- December 7, 2009 - Firstrade Survey: Most Frequent Online Forum Participants are Male, Under 40 and 22% are International.
- February 5, 2009 - GainsKeeper Helps Firstrade Meet Customers' Tax-Lot Accounting Needs and Prepare for Cost Basis Reporting Law
- November 26, 2008 - Firstrade Offers Free iPods to Post Thanksgiving Account Openers
- August 13, 2008 - Firstrade Introduces Distinctive Wire Transfer Fee Rebate
NEW YORK, NY--(December 20, 2010) - Firstrade, a leading online brokerage, today launched the Firstrade iPhone application that is custom built to take advantage of Firstrade's next generation online trading platform. The Firstrade iPhone app is now available from the Apple App Store as a free download that allows on-the-go investors to quickly and securely discover and act on trading opportunities at a low $6.95 commission from anywhere in the world.
"Earlier this year, we launched Firstrade Mobile for all web-enabled phones and laid the groundwork for our mobile strategy," said C.S. Hsia, VP of Business Development at Firstrade. "Our Firstrade App utilizes the same technology, but takes the user experience to the next level with an iOS touch optimized interface."
Features of the new Firstrade iPhone app include:
- Intuitive Interface: The app's interface was built to take advantage of the New Firstrade technology, and is optimized for retina displays of the iPhone4 and new iPod Touch.
- Real Time Updates: Trading, portfolio and balances update in real time.
- Account Coordination: When investors link multiple accounts under one username, the assigned nicknames of each account are reflected directly on the app.
- Web Integration: The iPhone app is seamlessly integrated with the Firstrade web-based trading system.
- Secure Access: iPhone users can securely access their account from anywhere with an Internet connection.
The Firstrade iPhone app also features language localization in Traditional and Simplified Chinese. Users with iOS devices set in Chinese will automatically see a Chinese interface. Firstrade customers can download the application free from the iTunes App Store using the following link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=405325225
Firstrade offers $6.95 per trade including online stocks, options, over 11,000 mutual funds, exchange traded funds, bonds, treasuries, agencies and CDs online. Firstrade also offers retirement accounts, including Traditional and Roth IRAs. There is no minimum deposit to open a Firstrade account and no inactivity or maintenance fees. Firstrade's trading platform offers extended trading before and after hours between 8:00am-9:25am and 4:05pm-5:30pm Eastern Time.
It's never too early to think about college, especially with skyrocketing tuitions and fees. Help manage your costs by opening a Coverdell Education Savings account now.
Want to speak with someone regarding basic questions in real-time? Try our interactive live chat service. One of our representatives can provide assistance with your inquiries. Go