Firstrade Press Coverage
Find out everything that is going on at Firstrade through our Press Center:
- September 19, 2017 - Firstrade Reduces Trade Commissions to $2.95 and options to $0.50
- February 15, 2017 - Firstrade lowers its Stocks, ETFs, and Options Trade Commissions
- October 13, 2015 - Firstrade A Sponsor of the October 18th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Central Park
- March 31, 2015 - Stockbrokers.com Gives Firstrade Four-and-a-Half Stars for Ease of Use
- March 06, 2015 - Firstrade Enables On-The-Go Trading and Research with New Mobile App
- August 15, 2014 - Firstrade Securities Inc. Celebrates Branch Grand Opening in Queens, NY
- October 02, 2013 - Online Broker Firstrade Introducing New Research & Tools
- February 28, 2013 - Firstrade phases out its old site in favor of a new, upgraded platform
- May 31, 2012 - Apex Clearing Corporation becomes Firstrade's new clearing firm
- December 14, 2011- Firstrade Launches Upgraded Option Chain for Advanced Strategies
- August 9, 2011 - Experts @Firstrade Suggest Caution and Common Sense When Reviewing Investing Information on Social Media Sites
- June 20, 2011 - More Than Just College Tuition: Save for Education With a Coverdell ESA
- February 7, 2011 - Firstrade's No-Fee IRAs Empower Self-Directed Investors
- December 20, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New iPhone App for iOS Devices.
- October 21, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New Online Trading Platform With iPhone App and Social Media Integration.
- June 12, 2010 - The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event.
- December 7, 2009 - Firstrade Survey: Most Frequent Online Forum Participants are Male, Under 40 and 22% are International.
- February 5, 2009 - GainsKeeper Helps Firstrade Meet Customers' Tax-Lot Accounting Needs and Prepare for Cost Basis Reporting Law
- November 26, 2008 - Firstrade Offers Free iPods to Post Thanksgiving Account Openers
- August 13, 2008 - Firstrade Introduces Distinctive Wire Transfer Fee Rebate
This 2015 review of the Firstrade Securities website highlights the site’s responsive platform and customizable investor dashboard.
Flushing, NY (March 31, 2015)—As evidence of Firstrade’s commitment to creating an intuitive user experience, the company was recently given a four-and-a-half star review for ease of use by Stockbroker.com. “We understand that users want an intuitive, simple, responsive platform so that’s what our development team set out to design,” said CEO John Liu. Among the features highlighted in the review were Firstrade’s “well-constructed, clean and customizable” dashboard and the Firstrade Quickbar, a site-wide order entry panel that allows for fast trading, quotes and market information.
Also given high marks were Firstrade’s revamped log-in security PIN system and research area. Stockbrokers.com called the research area, “well laid out” and notes that user experience has been “significantly improved” thanks to the addition of Morningstar as a primary research provider. “Utilizing Morningstar research allows us to give investors the right tools to build a strong investment portfolio that meets their unique objectives,” said Liu. “Working with them to develop our Sectors and Industries tool was crucial to creating an in-depth experience for advanced traders.”
Stockbroker.com tests more than 266 site features in order to develop its annual rating of online broker platforms.
About Firstrade Securities
Firstrade is a leading brokerage offering a full line of investment products and tools to help investors take control of their financial future. Since its founding in 1985, Firstrade has been committed in providing high value and quality services to our customers. Combining proprietary trading technology, a highly intuitive user interface, outstanding customer service, and mobility applications, Firstrade is a comprehensive solution for all of your investing needs. Whether you are a new investor or active trader, at Firstrade, we are committed to excellence, and putting the investor first. For more information, visit www.firstrade.com. Member FINRA/SIPC.
It's never too early to think about college, especially with skyrocketing tuitions and fees. Help manage your costs by opening a Coverdell Education Savings account now.
Want to speak with someone regarding basic questions in real-time? Try our interactive live chat service. One of our representatives can provide assistance with your inquiries. Go