Firstrade Press Coverage
Find out everything that is going on at Firstrade through our Press Center:
- September 19, 2017 - Firstrade Reduces Trade Commissions to $2.95 and options to $0.50
- February 15, 2017 - Firstrade lowers its Stocks, ETFs, and Options Trade Commissions
- October 13, 2015 - Firstrade A Sponsor of the October 18th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Central Park
- March 31, 2015 - Stockbrokers.com Gives Firstrade Four-and-a-Half Stars for Ease of Use
- March 06, 2015 - Firstrade Enables On-The-Go Trading and Research with New Mobile App
- August 15, 2014 - Firstrade Securities Inc. Celebrates Branch Grand Opening in Queens, NY
- October 02, 2013 - Online Broker Firstrade Introducing New Research & Tools
- February 28, 2013 - Firstrade phases out its old site in favor of a new, upgraded platform
- May 31, 2012 - Apex Clearing Corporation becomes Firstrade's new clearing firm
- December 14, 2011- Firstrade Launches Upgraded Option Chain for Advanced Strategies
- August 9, 2011 - Experts @Firstrade Suggest Caution and Common Sense When Reviewing Investing Information on Social Media Sites
- June 20, 2011 - More Than Just College Tuition: Save for Education With a Coverdell ESA
- February 7, 2011 - Firstrade's No-Fee IRAs Empower Self-Directed Investors
- December 20, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New iPhone App for iOS Devices.
- October 21, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New Online Trading Platform With iPhone App and Social Media Integration.
- June 12, 2010 - The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event.
- December 7, 2009 - Firstrade Survey: Most Frequent Online Forum Participants are Male, Under 40 and 22% are International.
- February 5, 2009 - GainsKeeper Helps Firstrade Meet Customers' Tax-Lot Accounting Needs and Prepare for Cost Basis Reporting Law
- November 26, 2008 - Firstrade Offers Free iPods to Post Thanksgiving Account Openers
- August 13, 2008 - Firstrade Introduces Distinctive Wire Transfer Fee Rebate
As one of the event sponsors, Firstrade will have a booth set up in Central Park as well as a number of donation events and free giveaways.
New York, NY (October 13, 2015)—Firstrade has signed on as a sponsor of the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on October 18th. As part of their sponsorship, Firstrade will have a booth set up in Central Park.
Visitors to the booth will receive a free selfie stick. Making Strides NYC walkers can also enter to win a Fitbit Flex Tracker by posting the reason they walked along with a picture or video of themselves at the walk to Firstrade’s Making Strides Walk Facebook page.
When asked about the event, Firstrade CEO John Liu said, "At Firstrade, we believe that a company's true culture is demonstrated by the way it reaches out to those in need. We are honored to be participating in this event to help fight against breast cancer. We hope everyone will become more aware of this disease while at the same time have fun on this day!"
Roughly 12 percent of women will develop breast cancer. The American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks comprise the nation’s largest network of breast cancer awareness events with almost 300 communities taking part. The donations raised during the event go toward cancer research efforts, developing preventative care literature, and the creation of support programs to those who need it.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, Firstrade will also be donating $5 to the American Cancer Society for every new account opened in October using the verification code MAKINGSTRIDES.
About Firstrade Securities
Firstrade is a leading brokerage offering a full line of investment products and tools to help investors take control of their financial future. Since its founding in 1985, Firstrade has been committed in providing high value and quality services to our customers. Combining proprietary trading technology, a highly intuitive user interface, outstanding customer service, and mobility applications, Firstrade is a comprehensive solution for all of your investing needs. Whether you are a new investor or active trader, at Firstrade, we are committed to excellence, and putting the investor first. For more information, visit www.firstrade.com. Member FINRA/SIPC.
It's never too early to think about college, especially with skyrocketing tuitions and fees. Help manage your costs by opening a Coverdell Education Savings account now.
Want to speak with someone regarding basic questions in real-time? Try our interactive live chat service. One of our representatives can provide assistance with your inquiries. Go