Firstrade Press Coverage
Find out everything that is going on at Firstrade through our Press Center:
- September 19, 2017 - Firstrade Reduces Trade Commissions to $2.95 and options to $0.50
- February 15, 2017 - Firstrade lowers its Stocks, ETFs, and Options Trade Commissions
- October 13, 2015 - Firstrade A Sponsor of the October 18th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Central Park
- March 31, 2015 - Stockbrokers.com Gives Firstrade Four-and-a-Half Stars for Ease of Use
- March 06, 2015 - Firstrade Enables On-The-Go Trading and Research with New Mobile App
- August 15, 2014 - Firstrade Securities Inc. Celebrates Branch Grand Opening in Queens, NY
- October 02, 2013 - Online Broker Firstrade Introducing New Research & Tools
- February 28, 2013 - Firstrade phases out its old site in favor of a new, upgraded platform
- May 31, 2012 - Apex Clearing Corporation becomes Firstrade's new clearing firm
- December 14, 2011- Firstrade Launches Upgraded Option Chain for Advanced Strategies
- August 9, 2011 - Experts @Firstrade Suggest Caution and Common Sense When Reviewing Investing Information on Social Media Sites
- June 20, 2011 - More Than Just College Tuition: Save for Education With a Coverdell ESA
- February 7, 2011 - Firstrade's No-Fee IRAs Empower Self-Directed Investors
- December 20, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New iPhone App for iOS Devices.
- October 21, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New Online Trading Platform With iPhone App and Social Media Integration.
- June 12, 2010 - The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event.
- December 7, 2009 - Firstrade Survey: Most Frequent Online Forum Participants are Male, Under 40 and 22% are International.
- February 5, 2009 - GainsKeeper Helps Firstrade Meet Customers' Tax-Lot Accounting Needs and Prepare for Cost Basis Reporting Law
- November 26, 2008 - Firstrade Offers Free iPods to Post Thanksgiving Account Openers
- August 13, 2008 - Firstrade Introduces Distinctive Wire Transfer Fee Rebate
Flushing, NY, Feb. 15, 2017/ A leading online brokerage firm, Firstrade Securities Inc. has made a decision to lower their commission for Stocks, ETFs, and Options, adding a significant value for their clients.
Starting February 16, 2017, Firstrade will reduce its standard online stock and ETF commissions from $6.95 to $2.95 per trade. It’s a reduction of approximately 29%. The company also lowered the price of options trades from $0.75 to $0.65 per contract. This change makes Firstrade’s trading commissions the lowest among its competitors, including TD Ameritrade, E*Trade, Fidelity and Scottrade.
“Since Firstrade was established in 1985, consistently delivering value to our customers has been a top priority. With these fee reductions, we are demonstrating our commitment to helping investors meet their financial objectives with some of the lowest trading costs in the industry,” said John Liu, Firstrade founder and chief executive officer.
He added, “These latest reductions for investors represent the most recent, tangible evidence of our continued investment in technology. Thanks to these investments, we can offer our clients more for less, which means not just lowering costs but adding value, and a compelling reason to do business with Firstrade.”
About Firstrade Securities
Firstrade is a leading securities brokerage firm offering investors a full range of investment products and services. Founded in 1985, Firstrade strives to help individual investors as well as active traders achieve their financial goals by providing access to proprietary trading technologies, intuitive mobile as well as desktop applications and outstanding customer service. For more information, visit www.firstrade.com. Member FINRA/SIPC.
For further information contact:
It's never too early to think about college, especially with skyrocketing tuitions and fees. Help manage your costs by opening a Coverdell Education Savings account now.
Want to speak with someone regarding basic questions in real-time? Try our interactive live chat service. One of our representatives can provide assistance with your inquiries. Go