Firstrade Press Coverage
Find out everything that is going on at Firstrade through our Press Center:
- Apirl 09, 2018 - Firstrade offers largest commission-free ETF program with more than 700 ETFs
- February 26, 2018 - Firstrade receives 4.5 stars from Stockbrokers.com for “Ease of Use" and “Commission and Fees."
- September 19, 2017 - Firstrade Reduces Trade Commissions to $2.95 and options to $0.50
- February 15, 2017 - Firstrade lowers its Stocks, ETFs, and Options Trade Commissions
- October 13, 2015 - Firstrade A Sponsor of the October 18th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Central Park
- March 31, 2015 - Stockbrokers.com Gives Firstrade Four-and-a-Half Stars for Ease of Use
- March 06, 2015 - Firstrade Enables On-The-Go Trading and Research with New Mobile App
- August 15, 2014 - Firstrade Securities Inc. Celebrates Branch Grand Opening in Queens, NY
- October 02, 2013 - Online Broker Firstrade Introducing New Research & Tools
- February 28, 2013 - Firstrade phases out its old site in favor of a new, upgraded platform
- May 31, 2012 - Apex Clearing Corporation becomes Firstrade's new clearing firm
- December 14, 2011- Firstrade Launches Upgraded Option Chain for Advanced Strategies
- August 9, 2011 - Experts @Firstrade Suggest Caution and Common Sense When Reviewing Investing Information on Social Media Sites
- June 20, 2011 - More Than Just College Tuition: Save for Education With a Coverdell ESA
- February 7, 2011 - Firstrade's No-Fee IRAs Empower Self-Directed Investors
- December 20, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New iPhone App for iOS Devices.
- October 21, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New Online Trading Platform With iPhone App and Social Media Integration.
- June 12, 2010 - The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event.
- December 7, 2009 - Firstrade Survey: Most Frequent Online Forum Participants are Male, Under 40 and 22% are International.
- February 5, 2009 - GainsKeeper Helps Firstrade Meet Customers' Tax-Lot Accounting Needs and Prepare for Cost Basis Reporting Law
- November 26, 2008 - Firstrade Offers Free iPods to Post Thanksgiving Account Openers
- August 13, 2008 - Firstrade Introduces Distinctive Wire Transfer Fee Rebate
Firstrade Offers Largest Commission-Free ETF Program with More Than 700 ETFs
New York, April 9, 2018 – Firstrade Securities, Inc., a leading online brokerage firm, has eliminated its commissions for more than 700 exchange-traded funds (ETFs) effective today, adding yet another significant value proposition for their customers. Firstrade now offers more commission-free ETFs than any other online brokerage firm. More than three-quarters of these ETFs have received a Morningstar Rating, or “star rating” of three, four or five stars.*
Under the just introduced program, Firstrade investors will have a wide selection of ETFs to choose from across eight asset classes, three exchanges, 82 categories and 40 fund families. These available ETFs are designed for long-term investors and must be held for at least 30 days (if less than 30 days, the low-cost commission is $2.95). Also included are low expense ratio ETFs from leading fund families — Vanguard, iShares, SPDR State Street and First Trust, among others. In order to minimize risk, no leveraged ETFs are being offered.
Investors will continue to receive the many benefits of Firstrade’s powerful trading tools that they have come to expect, and free access to proprietary research from Morningstar and other leading financial industry experts.
“Firstrade’s mission since its inception has been to provide its customers with the tools necessary to make it simpler and seamless to execute their investment strategies,” said John Liu, Firstrade’s founder and chief executive officer. “We’ve carefully selected our offerings to best empower investors to design diversified and customized portfolios. It’s wealth management at no cost, an investment philosophy we are proud to be pioneering.”
Firstrade had already set among the lowest trading commissions in the industry, having reduced its commission for stocks, ETFs and options from $4.95 to $2.95 per trade in September 2017. Now it has gone a step further by totally eliminating commissions on a wide range of ETF offerings, enabling its customers to invest their wealth without having to worry about any added costs and saving money in the process.
In the current market, ETFs — baskets of stocks, bonds or commodities — have becoming increasingly valuable investment tools for self-directed investors seeking greater portfolio diversification, reduced risk, increased flexibility and tax efficiency through exchange-traded investing. Investors can choose from a wide array of funds in virtually any sector, industry or asset class.
Assets of ETFs globally continue to explode, increasing to more than $4.5 trillion in 2017 from $396.5 billion in 2005. ETFs are widely expected to grow in popularity, making Firstrade’s no-cost trading even more attractive and timely for investors.
“We continue to deliver for our customers through our advanced technologies, easy-to-use platforms, customer service and no-cost to low-cost trading,” added Liu. “Given the expected continued growth in the ETF market, we’re helping to facilitate great investment opportunities.”
To learn more about Firstrade’s free ETFs go to https://www.firstrade.com/content/en-us/trading/etfs
*The Morningstar Rating is a quantitative, backward-looking measure of a fund’s past performance, calculated at the end of every month. © 2018 Morningstar. All Rights Reserved. The information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is not warranted to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
About Firstrade Securities
Firstrade is a leading online brokerage offering a full line of investment products and tools to help self-directed investors take control of their financial future. Since its founding in 1985, Firstrade has worked to provide high value and quality services to our customers. Combining proprietary trading technology, a highly intuitive user interface, outstanding customer service and mobility applications, Firstrade is a comprehensive solution for all of your investing needs. Whether you are a new investor or an active trader, at Firstrade, we are committed to excellence, and putting the investor first. For the fifth year in a row, Firstrade was awarded 4.5 stars out of five for the website’s ease of use and also received 4.5 stars for its commissions and fees by StockBrokers.com 2018 Online Broker Review. For more information, visit www.firstrade.com.
It's never too early to think about college, especially with skyrocketing tuitions and fees. Help manage your costs by opening a Coverdell Education Savings account now.
Want to speak with someone regarding basic questions in real-time? Try our interactive live chat service. One of our representatives can provide assistance with your inquiries. Go