Act on news, earnings and research reports that are released before the market opens and after the closing bell rings.
How to place Pre-Market, After-Market and Day + Ext stock trades
Log in to your account, click on the "Trading" tab, then on the "Order Entry" pane, click on the "Duration" dropdown to choose "Pre-Mkt" or "After-Mkt" or "Day+Ext"What you should know about trading during extended hours:
- Same low $4.95 commission!
- Only limit orders are allowed. (click here to learn about limit orders)
- The extended hours market is separate from the regular intraday trading-session.
- Benefit from the New Duration to trade through Pre-Market, Regular Market, and After-Market sessions with one order. "Day+Ext" order will allow you to trade in all sessions.
- Order Modification - Price changes and cancellations of extended hours orders are permitted before the order is executed.
- Available securities - Securities listed on NYSE or NASDAQ or AMEX are available for trading during extended hours.
OTC, stocks, bonds, funds, options and other securities may be traded only during regular market hours.