NEW YORK, NY--(December 20, 2010) - Firstrade, a leading online brokerage, today launched the Firstrade iPhone application that is custom built to take advantage of Firstrade's next generation online trading platform. The Firstrade iPhone app is now available from the Apple App Store as a free download that allows on-the-go investors to quickly and securely discover and act on trading opportunities at a low $6.95 commission from anywhere in the world.
"Earlier this year, we launched Firstrade Mobile for all web-enabled phones and laid the groundwork for our mobile strategy," said C.S. Hsia, VP of Business Development at Firstrade. "Our Firstrade App utilizes the same technology, but takes the user experience to the next level with an iOS touch optimized interface."
Features of the new Firstrade iPhone app include:
- Intuitive Interface: The app's interface was built to take advantage of the New Firstrade technology, and is optimized for retina displays of the iPhone4 and new iPod Touch.
- Real Time Updates: Trading, portfolio and balances update in real time.
- Account Coordination: When investors link multiple accounts under one username, the assigned nicknames of each account are reflected directly on the app.
- Web Integration: The iPhone app is seamlessly integrated with the Firstrade web-based trading system.
- Secure Access: iPhone users can securely access their account from anywhere with an Internet connection.
The Firstrade iPhone app also features language localization in Traditional and Simplified Chinese. Users with iOS devices set in Chinese will automatically see a Chinese interface. Firstrade customers can download the application free from the iTunes App Store using the following link: https://apps.apple.com/app/firstrade/id405325225
Firstrade offers $6.95 per trade including online stocks, options, over 11,000 mutual funds, exchange traded funds, bonds, treasuries, agencies and CDs online. Firstrade also offers retirement accounts, including Traditional and Roth IRAs. There is no minimum deposit to open a Firstrade account and no inactivity or maintenance fees. Firstrade's trading platform offers extended trading before and after hours between 8:00am-9:25am and 4:05pm-5:30pm Eastern Time.