Firstrade Press Coverage
Find out everything that is going on at Firstrade through our Press Center:
- February 15, 2017 - Firstrade lowers its Stocks, ETFs, and Options Trade Commissions
- October 13, 2015 - Firstrade A Sponsor of the October 18th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Central Park
- March 31, 2015 - Stockbrokers.com Gives Firstrade Four-and-a-Half Stars for Ease of Use
- March 06, 2015 - Firstrade Enables On-The-Go Trading and Research with New Mobile App
- August 15, 2014 - Firstrade Securities Inc. Celebrates Branch Grand Opening in Queens, NY
- October 02, 2013 - Online Broker Firstrade Introducing New Research & Tools
- February 28, 2013 - Firstrade phases out its old site in favor of a new, upgraded platform
- May 31, 2012 - Apex Clearing Corporation becomes Firstrade's new clearing firm
- December 14, 2011- Firstrade Launches Upgraded Option Chain for Advanced Strategies
- August 9, 2011 - Experts @Firstrade Suggest Caution and Common Sense When Reviewing Investing Information on Social Media Sites
- June 20, 2011 - More Than Just College Tuition: Save for Education With a Coverdell ESA
- February 7, 2011 - Firstrade's No-Fee IRAs Empower Self-Directed Investors
- December 20, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New iPhone App for iOS Devices.
- October 21, 2010 - Firstrade Launches New Online Trading Platform With iPhone App and Social Media Integration.
- June 12, 2010 - The American Cancer Society and Firstrade Securities team up once again for the annual Relay For Life cancer fund-raising event.
- December 7, 2009 - Firstrade Survey: Most Frequent Online Forum Participants are Male, Under 40 and 22% are International.
- February 5, 2009 - GainsKeeper Helps Firstrade Meet Customers' Tax-Lot Accounting Needs and Prepare for Cost Basis Reporting Law
- November 26, 2008 - Firstrade Offers Free iPods to Post Thanksgiving Account Openers
- August 13, 2008 - Firstrade Introduces Distinctive Wire Transfer Fee Rebate
Firstrade Securities introduces a new mobile app that gives investors the ability to trade and do research anytime and anywhere with Apple and Android devices.
FLUSHING, N.Y., March 5, 2015 -- Firstrade today announced its new mobile app, which gives investors immediate access to the company's trading platform on all mobile devices. The app was developed in-house and was recently released. "Our goal for the app was to provide a streamlined and well-designed experience. To achieve this vision, we had to make sure we had tight control over all aspects of the creation of the App. For this reason, much of the development and design happened in-house," said Firstrade Chief Technology Officer Jack Liu.
The new app gives users complete control over their accounts remotely, including the ability to instantly review their portfolio dashboard, review order status, make options trades and check cash balance, margin balance and buying power. Further, investors can use the app to access research on various positions and review historical performance charts. “We identified the top three features our customers use and designed the app around facilitating access to those features. With just a few taps they can determine their portfolio performance, place a trade, and get a quote,” Liu said.
The app is compatible with both Apple and Android devices and can be downloaded for free from the Firstrade website. There, investors will also find a free user manual for the application.
About Firstrade Securities
Firstrade is a leading brokerage offering a full line of investment products and tools to help investors take control of their financial future. Since its founding in 1985, Firstrade has been committed in providing high value and quality services to our customers. Combining proprietary trading technology, a highly intuitive user interface, outstanding customer service, and mobility applications, Firstrade is a comprehensive solution for all of your investing needs. Whether you are a new investor or active trader, at Firstrade, we are committed to excellence, and putting the investor first. For more information, visit www.firstrade.com. Member FINRA/SIPC.
It's never too early to think about college, especially with skyrocketing tuitions and fees. Help manage your costs by opening a Coverdell Education Savings account now.
Want to speak with someone regarding basic questions in real-time? Try our interactive live chat service. One of our representatives can provide assistance with your inquiries. Go